Monday, May 7, 2012

Easy Peasy Dessert!

     I had a last minute craving for Chocolate cake and Peanut butter icing; however, I am still trying to eat healthier.
     So, here is a simple and delicious recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter icing.
1 box reduced sugar devil's food cake mix
1 c. fat free greek yogurt
1 c. water.
Mix the three ingredients well.  Add to lined muffin cups, and bake according to box directions.
YES- it really is that easy!

     To finish them off try this yummy peanut butter icing.
1/4 c. butter (room temperature)
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1/6 c. milk (give or take)
Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth.  Add half the powdered sugar and beat.  Add half the milk, beat.  Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat together.  Add the milk if the mixture is too thick, and if it is right leave it out.

DONE!  It isn't the best photo because I was in a hurry to eat them :)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds good and looks really good, too. My frosting never turns out cute like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty yummy. The icing was the best part of it! I actually just placed it all in a ziploc bag and snipped the corner :)

      Delete