My Review:
I have to admit that although I LOVE books, I rarely find (or take) the time to read them. Even less often do I read a Non-fiction or parenting book; and not because I am some kind of super parent...because I am NOT.
One of the first notes I made in my copy of the book was on page 44. "Our routines are brimming with opportunities to spill love into the lives of others. We just have to take a step back and reevaluate." This sentence cuts to the core of what Tracey is trying to get across in this book. We, as moms, are busy with so many things (the good and the bad) that we need to remember to "create vibrant relationships in the midst of motherhood".
The book is separated into 3 sections that discuss why we need a rhythm in our lives, how to create a rhythm for relationships, and how to share our rhythm. At the end of each of her 12 chapters she finishes with "5 Mom-tested Tips". These tips help to reflect on the information in the chapter and encourage you to pray, journal, and begin using what was learned.
I found myself marking quotes and ideas throughout the book on how to encourage friendships, how to manage relationships, and raise children while keeping our focus on God's plans. I feel that Tracey did a great job of encouraging and equipping mothers in this book. It was not only encouraging it was also a valuable starting point for finding great resources. This would be a great book for a summer bible study with friends or wonderful gift to a mom friend who could use some light at the end of the tunnel.
I really like how Tracey finished the book with this quotation, "Ultimately, when we live wisely, in time we discover how to connect vibrantly with one another in that time. And our Mom Connection deepens. Our days are metered, our pace is manageable. Mom connections are around us every day. We just need to open up our lives and step into them."
GIVEAWAY: If you would like to have our own copy of this great book please enter below. One entry for each comment and an extra entry for becoming a follower of this blog.
The Giveaway is over and the randomly selected winner is Angie E! Congratulations Angie, I think you will really enjoy this book and feel free to share it with others.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Great review Jamie! Makes me want to borrow your copy if I don't win my own. =) Maybe I'll have time this summer to read a book for myself.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite parenting book???? I typically don't read parenting books: too much pressure and guilt! Right now I'm reading "And Then I Had Kids-Encouragement for Mother of young Children". I would definitely recommend it to any mother who is frustrated and overwhelmed with mothering.
ReplyDelete