Friday, May 18, 2012

Afternoon Treat

   I saw on Pinterest the other day that you can make Ice cream in a bag.  What fun!?
After nap, Olivia and I, made a quick snack of vanilla ice cream.  She wasn't quite as excited about this cool idea as I was...
Recipe:
Add 1 TB sugar, splash of vanilla extract, and 1/2 c. milk to a sandwich size freezer bag and seal.
Add 6 TB rock or canning salt to about 6 cups of ice in a gallon size freezer bag.
Place the sealed sandwich bag inside the larger gallon bag and seal.
Shake for about 5 minutes.
Remove the smaller bag, rinse salt off the bag, and serve with your favorite toppings.
ENJOY!

Disclaimer:  We made this with skim milk and while it tasted good, it tasted a bit like ice milk.  I would try a combination of skim milk and some fat free half and half to really make it creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment