Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I have never been a fan of NY's resolutions... but this year I have made a couple.
1.  Run a 1/2 marathon.  Yep. That is right!  13.1 miles.  Now time is not of the essence, only survival matters to me.  I hope I can do it :)
2.  Do a better job with my daily quiet time and Bible reading.  I should be able to knock out the rest of the New Testament soon.
3.  Keep up to date on the Blog and add at least 1 craft or recipe per week!  I love cooking, eating, and crafting; so this shouldn't be Terribly hard ;)

Let's get to it!
The first project of the year 2012..... A wet bag for Landon's cloth diapers.  We made the cloth diaper switch about 4 months ago and really like it.  The change came out of necessity to find a diaper that he wouldn't soak through at night.  Avoiding the 1000's of disposables being thrown in the landfill is a great perk!

When all is said and done... I really like it.  If he didn't poop.... I would LOVE it :)




This is my first ever ZIPPER!  Not to shabby, I think.  It was also my first time sewing PUL fabric which has a water proof layer on the inside (causing it to stick to the machine while sewing).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've wanted to start running too. We should run together. Although you have a much bigger head start since you have a treadmill. =)

    ReplyDelete