Thursday, March 3, 2011

Easy and Tasty Dinner Idea

     I made dinner the other night from an idea I saw somewhere on TV (I think).  It turned out pretty tasty and very quick to throw together.  I didn't take any photos; maybe because it isn't the most beautiful dish :)

Recipe:
1) Saute in about a Tablespoon of olive oil:
   1 zucchini (bite sized pieces)
   1 yellow squash (bite sized pieces)
   1- 8 oz. pack sliced mushrooms
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Let cool for a couple minutes in skillet.

2) Cook a pound of vegetable or wheat penne to al dente.  Drain.

3) In large bowl mix:
   2 eggs
   1- 8 oz. container of ricotta cheese
   1- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella shredded cheese
   Salt and pepper

4) Add cooked pasta and sautéed vegetables to the cheese mixture.

5) Spray 13x 9 dish with cooking spray.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add the pasta mixture and bake about 30-35 minutes covered with foil.  Uncover and back for about 10 more minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.

P.S.  Chicken could easily be added to the recipe for some more protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment