Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crayon Craft Night

Since the baby is coming so soon, I really want to make sure Olivia remembers what fun we have as a family.  So, I pulled out all the broken crayons and decided to craft some new creations with her.  

We started out shaving the broken crayons for stained glass bookmarks.
Jeremy decided he had a much faster way of doing this....Always the engineer :)

Jeremy ironed the first one a bit too much and the second a little less than needed, but they all worked out.



We cut some shapes like hearts for Valentine's day and some bookmarks.  With the rest of the crayon
bits I melted them in a mini-muffin tin for some multi-colored crayons.

































 We also had another good 5-6 inches of snow, so I let Olivia outside while Jeremy shoveled the drive.  She enjoyed "helping" Daddy shovel with her garden shovel.







She had to have her customary cup of hot cocoa when she came in to defrost!


No comments:

Post a Comment